How do I get a burn permit?

The annual backyard burn season for burning vegetation runs from December 1st through April 30th. Residents of one or two family dwellings (who meet the requirements specified) must obtain a permit for backyard burning at our Community Risk Reduction Office at 930 17th Avenue in Santa Cruz. Backyard burning that is done without permits or on no-burn days will be subject to fines, where applicable. For Agricultural Burn permits (for commercial farming), please contact the Monterey Bay Air Resources District.

Learn more about burn permits.

Show All Answers

1. How do I get a burn permit?
2. Where can I recycle a fire extinguisher?
3. How many sets of plans do I need to submit for plan review?
4. Does Central Fire District have free sandbags?
5. Can I get help changing my smoke alarm batteries?
6. Can I bring fireworks to Central Fire District for disposal?
7. Can I have a fire engine come to my kid's birthday party?